How to Change Your Wi-Fi Network on Chromecast?
For different reasons, some prefer to have two different Wi-Fi networks. You might also change your Router. Chromecast can remember only one network at a time. So you have to go through certain steps to change Wi-Fi network on your Chromecast. When you change Chromecast Wi-Fi network, the network information stored about already existing network will be deleted.
Chromecast can access 2.4 GHz network only, but PC or mobile devices with 5GHz or Ethernet network can connect to Chromecast device provided both the device and Chromecast are connected to the same router. In order to change it, you must have mobile device that can access both networks and the device must have Google Home app installed on it.
It is much easy to change Wi-Fi network on Chromecast if your device is already setup to some Wi-Fi network and is active. If you want to change this, follow the steps given below:
- Power on TV to which Chromecast is connected. Ensure that it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you want to see the changes on TV, turn the TV on. You also can see the changes on mobile device and you don’t need to turn the TV on.
- Launch Google Home App on your mobile device.
- Tap the three bar menu icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Devices’ option from the menu options displayed.
- A new screen with list of devices found will be displayed. Click on the three dot menu icon.
- A drop down menu will appear. Tap on ‘Settings’.
- Current device info will be displayed. Click on the ‘Wi-Fi’ option.
- A popup menu will be displayed. Tap on your old ‘Wi-Fi’ network name.
- A drop down menu will be displayed. A list of all Wi-Fi networks in the range will be displayed. Select the New Network you want to change to. Create your password. Then tap on ‘OK’.
Your Chromecast Wi-Fi network will automatically be changed and will be connected to the new network. Now you can stream content on your TV using the new Wi-Fi network.
It is somewhat complicated when you change your router and if app on your mobile device can’t recognize your Chromecast. In such situation, it is recommended that you reset Chromecast and set it up again. You do the setup manually following user guide.